Sunday, September 16, 2007

Building Sculpture Progress
















Some in progress photos here of my Building sculpture. After realizing this would also be a subtractive process as well as additive, I decided to take a claw hammer and rip off some of the metal objects that were giving my Dremel some trouble. There were some Smashed up Diet Coke cans and a couple other odd shaped things buried under many layers of paint that had to go. Kind of forgot what was actually under there as I had done the initial stages in a more spontaneous fashion. I’m reworking some areas using cardboard, wood and putty. I think the form itself needs a lot more love. The first concept was to have the paint and color make sense of the form after the fact. That game has been abandoned. I think it’s going to be much better this way.

No comments: